PTC Texture Finish
Areas of Use
On primed external timber surfaces, typically as used in the relocatable and park home construction industry. Can also be used on almost any type of flat prepared surface.
- PTC Texture Finish has a thick, cement like consistency.
- It will give a guaranteed 10 years durability while an overall life expectancy of 20-30 years is not too much to suggest, when applied and maintained correctly (according to the manufacturers guidelines - please see General Maintenance below).
- Contains the most up to date, effective and environmentally friendly mould and algae resisters. Laboratory tested against a large range of fungus, algae and spores.
- Can be worked while still wet to obtain a wide and varied range of designs, patterns and textures.
- Extremely effective for covering hairline cracks and other small surface irregularities.
- Will not crack or craze during the movement of the substrates caused by normal expansion and contraction. Particularly around window and door frames.
- Unlike some texture finishes, PTC Texture Finish allows the substrate to breath whilst still maintaining total water and weather protection.
- May be over coated with PTC Masonry Coat.
- Available in a range of 20 colours.
- Almost any colour can be supplied by arrangement (subject to minimum order restrictions).
- Supplied in a range of sizes to suit all needs ie. 5 litre, 10 litre and 20 litre pails.
- No mixing required, ready to use.
- Cleaning of equipment is as simple as rinsing with clean tap water while still wet.
Recommended application is by brush, trowel or spray, then rolled with a texture/patterned roller or 'Comb', to achieve the required finish.
Coverage: 1 to 1.5m² per litre.
Recommended application thickness: 250-950 microns wet film.
Drying time at 20°C at 60% RH:
Surface dry - 4 to 8 hours
Thorough dry - 24 to 72 hours (depending on application thickness).
Drying times are given only as a guide, as the drying can be greatly enhanced by the use of warm air blowers at 30°C to 50°C.
Conversely drying times will be greatly impaired in wet, damp weather, or where there is high humidity.
Do not apply in temperatures below 5°C.
When supplied in 5 litre or 10 litre unlined pails - 12 to 24 months.
When supplied in 20 litre lined pails - up to 5 years.
- Do not store in direct sunlight
- Protect from frost
- Do not store in plain metal tins
- Store at temperatures between 5°C and 30°C
- All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from any loose or flaking material.
- All fixing screws/nails should be galvanised, but as an extra precaution they should be painted over with an oil based metal primer (this is important as it will prevent rust spots at a later stage).
- All timber surfaces should then be primed using PTC Primer.
- We recommend the priming of both sides of the boards.
- Joints between the panels should be sealed with PTC Tape Adhesive and PTC Scrim Tape.
- In some cases consideration should be given to the use of PTC Stain Blocking Primer(this being dependant on the type of board being used).
Consultation with the manufacturer is recommended.
Health & Safety
Please read Health and Safety data prior to use.
While it is impossible to site your home in the perfect location, with a little care and forethought it is possible to achieve a comprehensive care program for your home. A little time spent every 6 months or so, on preventative maintenance can save you the possibility of costly repairs later.
Blocked or leaking gutters can have a dramatic effect on the surface coating, as constantly dripping or overflowing water will result in staining and encourage the growth of mould and algae.
As well as having a very damaging effect on the coating, constantly dripping or flowing water will ultimately result in the breakdown of the substrate itself, leading to very expensive board replacement.
Mould and algae growth may be more prevalent if there are a number of tall shrubs, trees or plants sited close to the home.
If you have any mould or algae growth on your home, a strong solution of 'Demestos' and water (about 50%) sprayed or brushed on and allowed to dry will almost always solve the problem.
The home should be washed down using a solution of water and liquid soap applied using a soft headed sweeping brush and then hosed with an ordinary hosepipe.
If PTC Texture finish is to give optimum protection, it is important to check for any water penetration to the substrate. Pay particular attention to seals around door and window frames. If any faults are found they should be sealed with a good quality exterior grade filler, and over painted with PTC Masonry Coat.
Although PTC Texture Finish as applied by the manufacturer will give many years of trouble free service, there is most likely to come a time when you feel that your home needs' sprucing up', change the colour or just reinforce the weather proofing. Always choose PTC Masonry Coat which is formulated and manufactured to the same high standards and is totally compatible with PTC Texture Finish.
If you have any query regarding the upkeep of the exterior surface of your home, please do not hesitate to contact PCT for free and friendly advice.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on this website, it is the responsibility of the end user to satisfy himself that the product is suitable for his needs.